Over the past couple weeks I've experienced a lot of joys, both big and small.
1. Seeing and feeling a great love of two dear people.
2. Hearing about my grandpa's past, and ultimately mine.
3. Walking with my mom, talking about nearly everything.
4. Watching my brother get older, understanding that time changes us all.
5. Drinking coffee with my dad, enjoying the morning, something that was impossible for us before.
6. Being my family, almost in entirety, in a park, eating, laughing, reminiscing.
7. Remembering my first home, seeing the beauty that was always there.
"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you." - Frida Kahlo
(in beginning my research of female artists, I started with one I already know and love, who can blame me?)