1.15.2013






I grew up in the country. And during these growing years, I had very little appreciation for what was surrounding me. I didn't see the small things that ultimately made the big things and how that was all so beautiful. Now, when I go home, I ask to go for walks on our land with my dad. I learn from him about the trees and how they grow differently, what grasses the deer prefer, what bird is flying in horizon. We get to walk the paths the animals walk. And sometimes I imagine that one day I will love the land as much as he does.

1 comment:

  1. It makes my heart swell to see you grow. It's the little things about you that I have missed and am just now beginning to appreciate. We all have so much to learn and hopefully we will continue to look with new eyes at all that surrounds us. Pop

    ReplyDelete

thank you for looking around! what do you think?